A Note in opC++ is how the compiler links generated code with the original source code.
The process for opCpp code is the following:
- Read Dialect / Note Configuration
- Read in Source Code (oh files)
- Annotate Source Code with Notes
- Link Generated Code to Notes
- Final C++ Backend File Result
Note generation is controlled via dialects.
Types of Note Generation Include:
- Special Notes
- Standard Notes
Each type of note is generated at a specific
location based on specific criteria.
Notes are defined based on the information given
along with each note - as well as the note identifier,
which provides additional context.
These definitions tie the annotated code together
to the dialect and final generated code.